October 18, 2010

Party Hardy

I regret I wasn't able to get a picture, but the other night I managed to see some bachelorette party-goers just starting out their night around three in the morning. I love how here you can point out the group with no effort whatsoever. They usually have a theme going so everyone is dressed up accordingly. The girls from last night all wore the same funky head bands in varying colors of pink, were holding pink balloons and I think they all had on pink shirts. The soon to be bride was easily identifiable as she wore a pink wig with a veil. If all that didn't grab your attention, just about every car that passed them was honking away as the girls went "Whoooo!". I wonder if it was a Black Out Korea kind of night.

Speaking of parties full of girls, Analia celebrated her birthday last Thursday. She's actually not big into partying up her birthday because she thinks she's getting old at 27 so I doubt I witnessed a real uruguayan birthday celebration, but she did invite a bunch of friends over and we stayed in and had pizza. My favorite! Then she grabbed a bunch of bite sized desserts from a confitería, or a bakery, and we chowed down on those. And, Analia fussing at her mom and repeatedly telling her "Máma, es MI cumpleaños-- Cállate!" (Mom, it's MY birthday-- shut up!) was awesome too. :P

P.S. Seriously check out that Black Out Korea website. Do Koreans know how to party hardy or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment