October 28, 2010

Desayuno

I got lucky and had my morning class cancelled today which meant I had time to spare for breakfast at McDonalds. I was disappointed in the lack of choices and the lack of pancakes. Or even a McMuffin. The menu only consisted of small ham and cheese sandwiches, medialunas (think croissants with a sugar glaze), donuts, and coffee.

I only chose a donut and a medialuna as I have had way too many ham and cheese sandwiches whilst here and the cashier gave me the weirdest look for not wanting only that. I think she asked if I wanted coffee about three times. Gotta love those moments that remind me I'm a foreigner with weird eating habits. And, by the way, I am not a fan whatsoever of Uruguayan coffee. Admittedly I don't like coffee in the first place, but no matter how much sugar I put into it I just can't seem to enjoy it.

On the good side though that donut and medialuna tasted awesome. The donut even reminded me of Dunkin Donuts. I will definitely be having bfast at Mcdonalds again and I'll even try it with coffee to complete the experience. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment