October 10, 2010

Día de Patrimonio

I know this post is a few weeks late, but August 25th and 26th were Día(s) de Patrimonio here in Uruguay which translates into Heritage Day. Basically, museums, some embassies, naval ships, and the like were open for free all weekend to tourists and locals alike to celebrate the local culture. I didn't enjoy as many of the sites as I would like due to my waking up after noon and having to stand in long lines by the time I did make it out of the apartment. However, I was able to upload the program for the weekend and have a nice, new long list of things to see and do in MVD. Did I mention most of it is free any other day as well?

The website I managed to snag the list of events is still up here (only available in Spanish) and if you click around like I did you can eventually find the file with the list which you can upload to your computer.

Some things I was able to do over this weekend were tour the Peñarol museum, a church, see inside the Mexican embassy, and visit the Carnaval museum which I had been dying to see since I first heard about it and some other things as well of course. Marie and me even got to watch a full sunset from the pier alongside the port after everything closed down.

For pictures check out this.

No comments:

Post a Comment