December 15, 2010

Beach Week: Part 2

Gah, I don't want to write this post but a part one needs a part two, so here we go....

Unfortunately the failed hitchhiking and hand written, probably really old bus schedule that had us all confused, meant I spent the better part of my day waiting for a bus we finally made it to Cabo Polonio. I was only there for three hours as I was running out of time in my trip and frankly didn't think I would have fun is the middle of nowhere but, boy, was I wrong. Cabo Polonio is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. You have to take a 30 minute caravan ride through the countryside and the beach just to get to it, the electricity turns off at 7pm, and they live in something like shacks. If I had the time I so would have stayed there for a few days. The vibe there is so chill and even though I'm a city girl I think I could enjoy that extreme. For a little while at least.

And, after Cabo came Punta del Diablo! I lovelovelove that place. It was a perfect mix of La Pedrera and Cabo Polonia in that it was still a chill place, but there was a little bit more going on in. I can tell its a huge hit for 20-somethings in the summer time. This is even where I got to try out surfing. I was so excited to do so and it was so fun. Its work too. I woke up the next day and definitely felt that workout in my shoulder muscles and my upper abs. I completely know understand why surfers are so ripped. Its completely worth it though. This is also where I met a really cool girl named Michelle from Scotland! We got along really well and she even invited me to stay with her in Scotland if I even made it up there which I hope to live there one day so we'll see.

----

And the moment you've all been waiting for... my stalker who really didn't stalk me (although it sounds better) so we'll call him a creeper. UGH. He grossed me out. OK, so I was in Rocha on my way to La Pedrera from Punta del Este when he walks by me with his friend and casually says 'hola' without breaking his stride. My guard was down after the dinner I just finished so I non-committedly uttered it back and turned my head when out of the corner of my eye I see dude stop and turn around. Oh my gosh. Before I know it he is sitting next to me telling me how beautiful I am and that he is going to go to sleep dreaming about me and how there aren't girls in Rocha that look like me and have my beauty. Puh-lease. I just did my best to fake like I didn't know Spanish very well, especially when he was talking about kissing me and coming to Cabo Polonia with me. Thank GOD my bus was arriving soon so I could get out of there.

Oh, you thought that was it?! Here is the best part. He kept on staring at me as I waited for my bus then as I chose my seat on the SAME SIDE as the park. Mistake. He ran up to the bus asking for a Uruguayan kiss-- heck no! Right as it was about to pull off he ran up to the door again still asking for a kiss. The bus driver assistant gave me the weirdest look ever and I just said adelante with a hand gesture that together meant don't-ask-just-freaking-go. And even better I had to go to Rocha TWICE after this incident as a lot of buses go through there and was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't see him again. No one in that park tried to help me out either. Thanks a lot, guys. END

No comments:

Post a Comment