February 21, 2011

On to the Next One

I finally feel like I've almost fully left Uruguay behind. Two months ago yesterday (Feb. 21) is when I left Uruguayan soil for home and already I'm losing my accent and re-adjusted my diet to fast food burgers. However, I can't stop saying "Well, in Uruguay..." or "When I was in Uruguay..." at least 5 times a day. I annoy myself sometimes, but then again it was my life the past year, so its hard to just pretend it didn't happen.

Thankfully, I gave my presentation on Uruguay last Wednesday which both made me feel closer to Uruguay and farther away at the same time. For 45 mins I got to tell a room full of people all about my experiences and what my life was like in another freakin' country. It was nerve-wrecking, but it was so great to blabber on and on about all the things that I, personally, thought were awesome about Uruguay and remember all the things I left behind.

I'm glad I did it not only because it was an opportunity to force people listen to me talk about Uruguay this and Uruguay that, but it also worked as a great way to say goodbye to Uruguay. I know I left the country two months ago, but it has still been with me everywhere I go. And, I miss it terribly of course, but I need to move on to the other adventures life has to offer.

As for this blog, I don't want to say this is the last post because I'm sure I'll discover other Uruguay related things to write about, but as for my experience there and reading about how Uruguay has touched my life this is probably the last one. I'll still check it every now and then for new comments and such and maybe post every know and then, but I'm moving on to a new blog to post about my more recent experiences. I'm not sure if I'm willing to share it with you guys since I'm still working on it, but I will consider it.

Alright, I'm one more paragraph from getting misty-eyed so chau!

2 comments: