February 25, 2010

Today is the day!

This post isn't going to be long at all, but I won't have time to do it tomorrow so here we go!

At the moment I'm taking a brief break from my frantic packing to take a breather and open a gift a friend gave me (Thanks, Kelli, even though I haven't opened it yet!) Packing for 10 months is so hard to do and keep your suitcase under 50 lbs. I haven't weighed my suitcase yet, but I already know I'll have to take a lot of stuff out. I'm really exhausted and stressed and I hope that this means when I do get on the planes I will pass out before we even lift off. I HATE flying and it would be awesome to just skip the flights and just go through the airports.

I am just really nervous for this big adventure and hope that I can arrive safely and find a laptop or computer somewhere that I can get on before mine arrives in the mail. Bestbuy headquarters is STILL fixing my laptop over a month later and I'm just not going to get it back before I leave tomorrow. This presents a huge problem in that my cell phone probably won't work and if something happens... I'll just have to pay the outrageous international fees and call my parents somehow. I might just have to go to school early and see if the Director will let me use her computer. Who knows, but it's really stressful not having a sure way to tell my parents I arrived and I'm okay.

But yeah that's everything in a nut shell. I really hope everything goes okay and I would really appreciate prayers and thoughts for me and my travel companions for the next 48 hours as we travel and adjust to our new envrionment. Adios, amigos!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Casey! I know by now you've already embarked on your long journey, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and I hope you arrive to Uruguay without any problems. Even though it's far from the ideal situation, I had to call my parents collect in the Madrid Airport when I had problems with luggage. Sometimes it's the only option so don't be afraid if it's a real emergency. I'm sure you can find an internet cafe close by or maybe you could use a computer in the school library or a public library. I will look for you on skype. Please feel free to send me a message on facebook if you ever need to talk with someone back in the US, or someone who has been in your place. You'll be fine, try not to stress because everything really does work out in the end. :) Can't wait to hear all about it! I want some more details on what your program is like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much elizabeth for the support! As far as the stress goes, I think I was able to get a lot of it out just waiting for that cancelled flight and I think tomorrow will be much better. Definitely add me on skype so we can chat and thanks again for your comment! :D

    ReplyDelete