February 25, 2010

Anti-climatic Flight Cancellation

So, about 20 minutes before our flight it was cancelled due to the blizzard in New York. The phrase of the day is ´anti-climatic, much?´ We used this to describe our situation a lot and we waited over an hour for Kelsey´s friend to come back to Raleigh and pick us up just as she got back home. It was so crazy to be so nervous and so excited and then 20 mintues before you embark on this epic adventure you find out you have to wait another day even though you've already psyched yourself up. Man... So, I just got home and I have all these people to email like our hostel and our university to let them know what's going on and to save money so we don't get charged fees.

Our new flight plan is to leave Raleigh at 7:25pm and go to Miami. We'll arrive in Miami at 9:25pm then we'll have an overnight flight from Miami straight to Montevideo from 11:10pm to 11:20am. I hate that we are no longer going through Brazil but we're going to try to make it to Rio de Janiero at some point so we'll make up for it.

I only got three hours of sleep last night in an effort to exhaust myself so I could just sleep on the planes and also to clean and pack so I'm really exhausted right now. Well, good thing Raleigh isn't too far away from Greensboro so I can sleep in my own bed for one more night. I'm actually going to get eight hours of sleep this time as we get to do it all over again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Very excited for you, Casey! Soon you'll forget all these unpleasant happenings and start another new and invaluable part of your life! Prepare, because you'll never forget it! :) :) :)
    Un abrazo fuerte,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete