March 26, 2010

Ushuaia

So, remember how I said I was going to Caractas (I still don´t know how to spell it)? There was a change of plans. I´m traveling with Rachel who has been almost everywhere I was planning on going, so she convinced me late at night one night to go to Ushuaia. Ush-a-whata-ya? Oosh-why-ya. It´s the southern most city in the WORLD and has penguins. Those are the only reasons I´m here. It´s about 43 degrees fahrenheit here (and it´s summer time!) and there are snow-capped mountains everywhere. It´s so beautiful in that cold, mountainous way. Rachel said it reminded her of Alaska and me never having been to any place like this just went "WoOoOoOow."

We left Wednesday evening and arrived Thursday at about 2:00 p.m. We took a bus to Colonia then a boat to Buenos Aires where we spent the night. And from there we flew to the airport in Ushuaia. Unfortunately, we had a hiccup with the boat in Colonia and didn´t board until about four or five hours after we were suppose to. We thought the boat was going to be cancelled due to rough waves in the harbor, so we had just refunded our money to purchase tickets with another company when suddenly the first boat was boarding. We had to scramble and plead with the manager to let us re-buy our tickets and let us run to the boat to make it but we did it and happily made our plane the next morning on about four hours of sleep for me and two for Rachel. By the way, when I said WE had to scramble I meant Rachel. I was exhausted and being the calm one of the both of us, so I just sat down at some point and let her do everything. Whoops :P

Where exactly is Ushuaia, you ask?



Well, we´ve slept a lot of the day away already here, so we´re just gonna check out some museums, take more pictures of the mountains, and maybe eat out. Who knows! Adiós from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment